As part of its future strategic direction, David Jones has restructured its head office and welcomed a number of new members to its management team.
“Our announcement today delivers the skill set and capability within the realigned structure that we promised in our Future Strategic Direction announcement and is one of the first steps in delivering our Three Point Strategy,” David Jones CEO Paul Zahra said.
The new appointments include:
- Donna Player as group executive, merchandise
- Matthew Durbin – executive, strategic planning
- Sacha Laing – group executive, marketing and financial services
- Adriane McDermott – general manager marketing, digital and advertising
- Marion Joyce – general manager marketing, promotions and publicity
- Kate Whitney – general manager marketing, financial services
- Gavin Skews – general manager, AMEX Alliance
As part of the realignment of the company’s management capabilities, certain positions will no longer exist, which will result in a number of people leaving the business. This includes Patrick Robinson previously Group Executive - Home and Food and Brett Riddington previously Group Executive – Marketing, together with a number of other head office staff.
“Having the right structure within our management team is critical to us being able to implement our Three Point Strategic Plan and to deliver profit after tax growth for our shareholders,” Zahra said.
“I am confident that the appointments announced today provide us with the talent, experience and ability to transform our business into a successful omni-channel retailer on par with the world’s best.”
- Round Up: H&M heading to west Sydney; Lack of skilled workers to impact retail
- Round Up: Guide to adapting to new Privacy Principles and DJs/Myer meagre merger
- Round Up: Noni B increases margin, like-for-like sales down and stores closing
- Round Up: Bendigo retailer wins global award, Top loyalty programs; staff tips
- Round Up: Eagle Boys, Coffee Club and ALDI all targeting aggressive expansion
comments powered by Disqus