As part of its future strategic direction, David Jones has restructured its head office and welcomed a number of new members to its management team.
“Our announcement today delivers the skill set and capability within the realigned structure that we promised in our Future Strategic Direction announcement and is one of the first steps in delivering our Three Point Strategy,” David Jones CEO Paul Zahra said.
The new appointments include:
- Donna Player as group executive, merchandise
- Matthew Durbin – executive, strategic planning
- Sacha Laing – group executive, marketing and financial services
- Adriane McDermott – general manager marketing, digital and advertising
- Marion Joyce – general manager marketing, promotions and publicity
- Kate Whitney – general manager marketing, financial services
- Gavin Skews – general manager, AMEX Alliance
As part of the realignment of the company’s management capabilities, certain positions will no longer exist, which will result in a number of people leaving the business. This includes Patrick Robinson previously Group Executive - Home and Food and Brett Riddington previously Group Executive – Marketing, together with a number of other head office staff.
“Having the right structure within our management team is critical to us being able to implement our Three Point Strategic Plan and to deliver profit after tax growth for our shareholders,” Zahra said.
“I am confident that the appointments announced today provide us with the talent, experience and ability to transform our business into a successful omni-channel retailer on par with the world’s best.”
- David Jones to enter New Zealand
- Details of David Jones' transformation strategy under new ownership revealed
- A picture tour walk around the Emporium in Melbourne
- Quarterly sales growth and sale approval provide good news for David Jones
- Round Up: David Jones, Myer and Harvey Norman news
comments powered by Disqus