David Jones’ deputy chairman and non-executive director John Coates has quit.
At the company’s board meeting, Coats announced his resignation, which will be effective immediately. He has committed himself in his role as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board and as President of the worldwide Court of Arbitration for Sport.
“On behalf of the Board, management and shareholders I would like to thank John for his 17 years of service as a non-executive director of David Jones,” Robert Savage, David Jones chairman, said.
The company has appointed Peter Mason to the position of deputy chairman.
- Round Up: H&M heading to west Sydney; Lack of skilled workers to impact retail
- Round Up: Guide to adapting to new Privacy Principles and DJs/Myer meagre merger
- Round Up: Noni B increases margin, like-for-like sales down and stores closing
- Round Up: Bendigo retailer wins global award, Top loyalty programs; staff tips
- Round Up: Eagle Boys, Coffee Club and ALDI all targeting aggressive expansion
comments powered by Disqus