David Jones’ deputy chairman and non-executive director John Coates has quit.
At the company’s board meeting, Coats announced his resignation, which will be effective immediately. He has committed himself in his role as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board and as President of the worldwide Court of Arbitration for Sport.
“On behalf of the Board, management and shareholders I would like to thank John for his 17 years of service as a non-executive director of David Jones,” Robert Savage, David Jones chairman, said.
The company has appointed Peter Mason to the position of deputy chairman.
- Fashion and beauty lifts DJs Q1 sales results by 2.1%
- David Jones follows Costco to Ringwood with tech-savvy concept store
- Irony: David Jones CEO resigns, staying on for succession planning
- David Jones boosts womenswear offering with designer brands deals
- Nicola Finetti jumps ship from Myer to join David Jones
comments powered by Disqus