David Jones’ deputy chairman and non-executive director John Coates has quit.
At the company’s board meeting, Coats announced his resignation, which will be effective immediately. He has committed himself in his role as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board and as President of the worldwide Court of Arbitration for Sport.
“On behalf of the Board, management and shareholders I would like to thank John for his 17 years of service as a non-executive director of David Jones,” Robert Savage, David Jones chairman, said.
The company has appointed Peter Mason to the position of deputy chairman.
- David Jones agrees to $2.15bn takeover bid from South Africa, Myer withdraws
- Round Up: Myer & DJs release disappointing results, prompting more merger talk
- Round Up: H&M heading to west Sydney; Lack of skilled workers to impact retail
- Round Up: Guide to adapting to new Privacy Principles and DJs/Myer meagre merger
- Round Up: Noni B increases margin, like-for-like sales down and stores closing
comments powered by Disqus