David Jones’ deputy chairman and non-executive director John Coates has quit.
At the company’s board meeting, Coats announced his resignation, which will be effective immediately. He has committed himself in his role as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board and as President of the worldwide Court of Arbitration for Sport.
“On behalf of the Board, management and shareholders I would like to thank John for his 17 years of service as a non-executive director of David Jones,” Robert Savage, David Jones chairman, said.
The company has appointed Peter Mason to the position of deputy chairman.
- David Jones to enter New Zealand
- Details of David Jones' transformation strategy under new ownership revealed
- A picture tour walk around the Emporium in Melbourne
- Quarterly sales growth and sale approval provide good news for David Jones
- Round Up: David Jones, Myer and Harvey Norman news
comments powered by Disqus