Following the recent announcement that Metcash would bring its food and grocery function into one business, the company has appointed Michele Teague as general manager marketing for Metcash Food & Grocery.
The New Zealander has extensive experience in retail, FMCG, tourism, technology and advertising agency sectors. Teague has had senior marketing and management roles at Woolworths NZ, Restaurant Brands (operators of the KFC, Pizza Hut and Starbucks franchises in NZ), Pacific Retail Group and as global marketing manager for Air New Zealand.
Silvestro Morabito, the chief operating officer of Metcash Food & Grocery, said he was delighted with the appointment.
“Michele has an outstanding corporate and retail background. She is a very good marketer who has an innate understanding of brand and retail communication. Her track record building and reviving brands is second to none,” he said.
Teague joins Metcash from advertising agency The Campaign Palace in Sydney where she recently held the position of Managing Director. She starts at Metcash on 5 March.
- Metcash hits back at competitors, Aldi, Woolworths and Coles
- Mixed fortunes for Metcash and IGA
- Metcash splits grocery business to take a "more focused approach"
- Metcash's half year profit increases despite price deflation
- Costco takes members-only retail battle to Queensland
comments powered by Disqus