The Luxottica Group’s Sunglass Hut is launching a four-day floating pop-up store at three different locations on Sydney harbour.
The stores will carry Sunglass Hut’s best-sellers as well as an exclusive 150 piece collection of-never–seen-before sunglasses that will not be available for purchase anywhere else in the world until February 2012.
The floating store is designed around the Sunglass Hut circle logo, incorporates a DJ booth and features a transparent fitout to capture the beautiful Sydney Harbour surrounds.
“Retail is no longer just about four walls and a door and you cannot go past Sydney Harbour for an outdoor store – you would be hard pressed to find a better setting for selling sunglasses in the sun,” said Chris Beer, CEO, Luxottica, Asia Pacific.
The Sunglass Hut floating store will be open to the public at the below locations and times:
Friday 18th November, Darling Harbour, 10am – 7pm
Saturday 19th November, Darling Harbour, 10am – 7pm
Sunday 20th November, Manly Wharf, 10am – 7pm
Ten percent of all sales from the floating store will be donated to Luxottica’s OneSight Foundation, a program dedicated to improving vision through outreach, research and education.
- Luxottica opens largest Sunglass Hut store with interactive technology
- Etsy opens Christmas pop-up shop to appeal to the general community
- City of Sydney revives strip shopping with pop-up stores
- Dymocks rolls out pop-up store at Westfield Eastgardens
- Luxottica sells BrightEyes to focus on one sun brand
comments powered by Disqus