The debate about Perth’s shopping hours is still going strong, with two-thirds of Perth residents supporting longer shopping hours on weekdays and Sunday according to an independent survey commissioned by Coles Supermarkets.
Director of Coles Supermarket operations Stuart Machin said over 90 per cent of Perth residents are aware that West Australia has more restricted shopping hours than any other state.
“Over 70 per cent of women, many of them working mums, support longer shopping hours, especially on week nights until 9 pm to help them to better manage their work-life balance,” said Machin.
“More than 80 per cent of working men would also like to see shopping hours extended on weekdays so that they or their partners have more flexibility to share the shopping and manage their families.”
Machin said the survey also shows that over 80 per cent of younger people under 34 years of age in particular support extended shopping hours.
He also mentioned that extended shpping hours will result in more investment and jobs.
- Coles Express petrol prices under scrutiny
- Fuel prices weigh on Coles Express sales
- Aldi’s share of the Australian grocery market still rising
- Woolies private label strategy plays directly into hands of Aldi
- McCain Takeaway Pizza delivers on quality and taste for Australia