South Korean subway commuters are now able to shop on-the-go as they wait for their trains with Tesco Homeplus installing virtual stores on train platforms.
In an aim to grow their customer reach without the need to grow their store footprint and increase traffic to their online store, Tesco has mounted images of life-size supermarket shelves with products on them as billboards in the subway.
Using smartphone technology, commuters can take photos of corresponding QR codes of the products they wish to purchase, check-out online and have the goods shipped to their home.
To see the technology in action click here.
- Department store customers shop online
- Internet downloads increase: A sign for retailers to be online
- Convenience, price drive shoppers to buy online
- Tesco partners with BT to service customers
- Online shopping to soar in 2013
comments powered by Disqus