A growing number of Australians are going online to compare before they buy as Australian comparison shopping website www.getprice.com.au reports its biggest month to date.
Reporting a massive 2.7 million people shopping for the month of June, getprice.com.au has seen an increase of traffic of more than 500 per cent to the site from June 2008.
“As one of Australia’s fastest growing websites, we are seeing a huge increase in consumers coming to us to make their money go further,” said getprice.com.au CEO Chris Hitchen.
“Knowledge is power when making purchase decisions and consumers want to be able to see all their options quickly. This is with good reason too with consumers saving up to 60 per cent by going online and comparing before completing their purchase.
“Businesses also see tremendous value in being able to deliver active consumers with products they are searching for instantly and reach customers that are located interstate or overseas,” said Hitchen.
Shopping trends reported by www.getprice.com.au in June:
• Australians are heading indoors to exercise in the winter months with treadmills being the most popular sports and travel product, followed by pilates machines and exercise bikes
• Panasonic, Cannon and Olympus digital cameras remain extremely popular with their products being in the top ten most search electronic items
• The traditional trampoline remains the most popular product for Aussie kids, followed by swings and scooters
• Perfumes such as Gucci Flora by Gucci, Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey and
Giorgio Armani Acqua were the most popular health and beauty products
• Sony Playstation topped the computer and games category – followed by the
Asus EE Laptop, HP Mini 2140 and Acer 5533
GetPrice.com.au offers consumers choice, with more than one million products in 500 categories from consumer electronics to cosmetics, perfumes, fashion, white goods and homewares.
“On GetPrice, consumers are able to track price history and compare prices amongst a range of items from 500 trusted retailers to find the best deal – all this from the comfort of their own home,” said Hitchen.