Retail marketing industry body POPAI and sales analyst and data specialist GfK have teamed up to launch the first Australian and NZ Shopper Marketing & Industry Survey in three years. The ideal candidate for this survey is anuone who identifies as a 'shopper marketing and category management professional'.
From the media release:
"The study, a joint initiative of POPAI in partnership with shopper research specialists GfK, will track advances in shopper marketing and category management since the last Australian industry study in 2011.
“The inaugural industry survey in 2010 led to a raft of measures for industry improvement, and the refocus of POPAI to develop shopper marketing tools and education for the industry in Australia and New Zealand.
“This time the focus is on understanding how much progress the industry has made in the past 4 years. The survey includes a section on category management and a specific deep dive into the use of digital technologies in shopper marketing practice.”
Broad focus areas for the survey include:
- Experience, support and resource levels in individuals and organisations
- Shopper marketing activations types, touchpoints, and measurement
- Digital and mobile shopper marketing readiness
- Category management and category drivers utilisation
- Education needs
- Trends, Challenges & the Future