By Emily Bencic 

Samsung Australia has investigated the circumstances surrounding an incident that occurred on Friday July 8.

The incident involved a Samsung washing machine owned by Glenhaven, NSW resident Phoebe Teitzel, who has reportedly sustained minor smoke damage.

She believed her Samsung top loader was safe to use because one year earlier she was told her machine, despite being on the recall list, had already been repaired before she bought it.


In response to an email from Teitzel in May 2015, a product safety officer assured her that based on the serial number, her unit was manufactured after February 28, 2013, and therefore had been “modified”. This assessment was incorrect as the machine was manufactured in January 2013 and the fault had never been repaired.


Read more here.

This story first appeared in Appliance Retailer.