Mirvac is restructuring its executive team to better leverage its integrated model and maximise the expertise of its senior executives.
Mirvac’s CEO and managing director Susan Lloyd-Hurwitz said the shuffle will ensure there’s a more efficient and integrated approach to everything the company does.
“By combining responsibility for strategy, capital acquisitions, divestments and allocation we can strengthen the rigour around new investment decisions and ensure clear alignment with the whole of group strategy,” she said.
The changes taking place include:
//The creation of a new position responsible for group strategy.
- This position will be undertaken by Brett Draffen in addition to his existing role as CEO Development.
- The Group Strategy function will oversee the development of the Group’s strategy, mergers and acquisitions and capital acquisitions and divestments including the allocation of capital.
// The Development function has been divided into residential and commercial business units.
- Residential will be headed up by John Carfi and the recently appointed David Rolls will be responsible for commercial.
- Brett Draffen will continue to oversee the Development functions.
// General Counsel Natalie Allen, will assume responsibility for company secretariat, risk and internal audit. As part of this restructure Natalie will become the sole Company Secretary for the Group.
- The Chief Operating Officer role will no longer exist and the key responsibilities pertaining to this position have been redistributed. Gary Flowers will be responsible for Group business initiatives as a result of this change.
- A Group Executive External Affairs role has been created to focus on clear, open and transparent communications to the Group’s investors and external stakeholders.
- Marie Festa has recently joined Mirvac in this position
// A Group Executive, Services position has been created with responsibility for areas including human resources, information technology and health, safety, environment and sustainability.
- Brad Moore, currently Group General Manager Human Resources, has been appointed to this position.