The National Retail Federation’s Shop.org event was held in Los Angeles recently, attracting some of the biggest names in retail from the US and across the globe.
Over three days, visitors heard from leading figures and brands including Disney, Toms, Target, West Elm and even basketball legend Kobe Bryant
Here are some highlights.
1. Michael White, senior vice president and chief technology officer for Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media launched the brand’s new online store, ShopDisney, from the keynote stage.
— TechStyle Fashion (@TechStyle) September 26, 2017
2. L2’s Scott Galloway confirmed that Amazon continues to dominate each industry it enters.
— Shop.org (@shoporg) September 27, 2017
3. Walmart ecommerce president and CEO Marc Lore announced the company is testing straight to fridge delivery. Creepy or cool?
4. This shopping demo from Deloitte Digital demonstrated the possibilities of VR in retail.
Checking out the impressive #vr shopping demo by @deloittedigital at #shoporg17 – transports you to a virtual camp-site to purchase camping gear! Also let's you roast marshmallows and throw apples all over the place haha! Literally! But virtually… . . . #virtualreality #shoptillyoudrop #shopping #geekingout #whereami #education #la #losangeles #retail #retailing #retailoasis
5. PriceWaiter had a winning strategy for attracting visitors to its expo stand—bacon.
— BobPhibbs,RetailDoc (@TheRetailDoctor) September 27, 2017
6. Robots really are replacing us.
— Stewart Samuel (@Stewart_IGD) September 26, 2017
7. True love and retail, the perfect match…
— Jason Goldberg (@retailgeek) September 26, 2017
Want the latest retail news delivered straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up to the weekly retailbiz newsletter.