By Aimee Chanthadavong
Swedish furniture retailer IKEA is taking catalogue shopping to a new level.
The IKEA 2013 catalogue will use augmented reality as a way to engage customers. They will be encouraged to download the IKEA app to a smartphone or tablet that will help bring this technology to life. Shoppers will then have the ability to scan selected pages using the app which will unveil films, interactive experiences and photo galleries.
An IKEA spokesperson confirmed with RetailBiz the IKEA 2013 catalogue that will have the augmented reality feature will be launched in Australia in late August.
To see how it all works click here.
- Ikea engage customers with creative app
- Ikea taps into business market
- Get your Allen key ready, IKEA to sell TVs
- Ikea confirms third Sydney store
- Largest Ikea store to open
comments powered by Disqus