By Grant Shepherd
Swedish furniture retailer IKEA has just announced a new product called Uppleva (Swedish for Experience), an all-in-one piece of furniture that includes a HDTV, Blu-ray player and sound system integrated into cabinetry.
According to the company, the Full HD LED TV will be available in four different sizes, have Smart TV features, built-in Wi-Fi, DivX HD and 400HZ. The system also includes a built-in Blu-ray/DVD player and a sound system with wireless subwoofer. Plus it all runs via one remote control and all the cables and wires are hidden inside the unit.
The IKEA Uppleva will be available at the end of June in Sweden. There is no confirmed date for an Australian release just yet.
- Ikea’s best marketing moves
- IKEA to trial online store
- Watch out, IKEA pushes button on e-commerce
- Analysing the absentees from Brandz Top 100 most valuable brands
- Round Up: Retail optimism up! Postage up! Online retail up! Ikea up (in flames)!
comments powered by Disqus