POPAI and ShopAbility are set to re-run Australia’s first Shopper Marketing industry training program this March especially developed for marketing at retail professionals seeking international best practice knowledge. All three previous sessions have sold out.
The course, entitled Approaches to Shopper Marketing, draws from case studies in the UK, USA and Australia, in a two-day program running 19-20 March in Sydney.
“The industry has been crying out for more applied knowledge, more how-tos and more case studies,” says Karen Spear, POPAI general manager.
“This course, developed by Norrelle Goldring of ShopAbility, has already been run several times in Asia as an international best practice program. As the home of Shopper Marketing in Australia, it makes sense for POPAI to make these kinds of training courses available to the industry more broadly.”
Focus areas of the training program include:
• Understanding the scope of Shopper Marketing
• Integrating pre-store and in-store Consumer Marketing mechanics for Shopper Marketing
• Best practice shopper insights – obtaining and using them
• Gaining retailer engagement
• Links and applications between Category Management, Point of Purchase drivers and Shopper Marketing
• Leveraging occasion-based marketing and points of engagement
• Marketing to specific shopper and trip types
• 360 degree measurement for Shopper Marketing programs
• Building and linking Shopper Marketing plans with brand, customer, category and broader business plans
ShopAbility’s Norrelle Goldring says that course participants can expect a practical two days.
“A large part of this training program is spent workshopping and applying the knowledge, tools and techniques. Participants come out with a comprehensive understanding of how they can start using best practice Shopper Marketing know-how the very next day in their business,” Goldring says.
For more information call POPAI on 02 9938 5150 or email email@example.com
- Special Feature: How Samsung went beyond window dressing with POS
- Aussies overtake POPAI Global Awards
- POPAI GM moves on after 5 years
- Entries open for POPAI Marketing at Retail Awards
- POPAI appoints new board director
comments powered by Disqus