Danks has added the Victorian G Gay & Co hardware network to its group.
The acquisition involves three stores including two Home Timber and Hardware outlets, located in Ballarat and Wendouree, Victoria, and a third business trading as Ballarat Building Supplies.
Mark Burrowes, Home Timber and Hardware Group general manager, said the move is part of further developing the Danks’ retail network.
As part of the acquisition, Danks will make offers to retain all employees, including support staff and current management.
“The Gays brand is well-known in the area and we are pleased to have an opportunity to build on its strong reputation in servicing the hardware needs of Ballarat customers,” he said.
“As we have stated before, we intend to play an active role in the hardware and home improvement category, and through our combined Retail and Wholesale network we will continue to deliver the best possible value, choice and service.”
Danks is a wholly owned business of the Home Improvement joint venture between Woolworths Limited and Lowe’s Companies.
- Dick Smith lists on the ASX but shares fall flat
- Fuel shopper docket moratorium needed: Independent Nick Xenophon
- Coles, Woolworths sign grocery code of conduct
- Industry-wide push to create fair supermarket competition
- Discount campaigns drive Woolworths' positive first quarter results
comments powered by Disqus