By James Atkinson
Woolworths is seeking approval from Australia's competition watchdog to acquire a takeaway liquor licence in an area in which it already operates three liquor stores.
Woolworths proposes to acquire the licence located at Rocherlea in Tasmania's north, which currently trades as Black Stallion Hotel Drive-Thru Bottleshop under the Big Bargain Bottleshop banner.
The supermarket chain operates three BWS liquor stores within a five-to-ten kilometre radius of the target licence.
As such, the deal requires merger clearance under federal competition legislation, which prohibits acquisitions that could substantially lessen competition in the area.
Submissions close December 1, ahead of a December 22 decision date.
- PayPal unveils portable card reader to process payments anywhere, anytime
- Round Up: Helping SMEs build intranets and PayPal on the Galaxy Gear 2
- Round Up: Retail solutions big and small, and customer satisfaction winners
- Round Up: Bendigo retailer wins global award, Top loyalty programs; staff tips
- Fifth Harvey Norman franchisee fined $32,000 after ACCC investigation
comments powered by Disqus