The latest technology revolution that retailers can use to draw more customers into the store has been finally launched in Australia.
Facebook has rolled-out a free beta version of Check-In Deals that will allow businesses to offer special discounts to people who check-in to a local business’ Facebook Place.
Initial participating businesses that are offering deals are 7-Eleven, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, KFC and Westfield.
Westfield is trialling the new technology in partnership with selected speciality retailers including Angus & Coote and Cotton On. When using Facebook Places to check in at Westfield centres, shoppers will be alerted to special discounts available in-store.
Westfield’s general manager of marketing, John Batistich, said the launch of Facebook Check In Deals provides retailers with the opportunity to target shoppers with localised deals and bridging the gap from the web to the stores.
“Retail, and particularly the way we can now target shoppers with special deals and discounts, has changed dramatically over the past decade. With tools such as
Facebook Check In Deals we’re now able to communicate to our shoppers in relevant and localised ways,” he said.
The four types of Deals businesses can offer:
- Individual: Businesses can offer a basic deal such as 20% off an item or a free gift with purchase.
- Friend: This allows businesses to provide Deals to groups of up to 8 people, when they check in together. Friend Deals are a great way to build even more exposure because more stories are generated when multiple people check in.
- Loyalty: To focus on rewarding loyal customers, businesses can create a Loyalty Deal, which may be claimed after no fewer than 2 and no more than 20 check-ins.
- Charity: Businesses can donate to a charity of their choice each time a user checks in.
With Check In Deals, consumers will be able to lookat Places nearby on a Facebook application for a smartphone or by access the Facebook mobile browser to see if there are any special offers. Offers can also be discovered through friends in their News Feed.
- Learn the online secrets with this tour of Facebook, Groupon and The Iconic
- Order pizza with Domino's on Facebook
- Connecting retailers to Facebook users
- App to help retailers sell on Facebook
- Cold Rock launches winter promotion
comments powered by Disqus