South Korean subway commuters are now able to shop on-the-go as they wait for their trains with Tesco Homeplus installing virtual stores on train platforms.
In an aim to grow their customer reach without the need to grow their store footprint and increase traffic to their online store, Tesco has mounted images of life-size supermarket shelves with products on them as billboards in the subway.
Using smartphone technology, commuters can take photos of corresponding QR codes of the products they wish to purchase, check-out online and have the goods shipped to their home.
To see the technology in action click here.
- GST battle is just 10% of the online retailing picture
- Australians plan to drive a hard bargain online this Christmas
- OP/ED: Winning over the digital minds, analogue hearts with digilogue
- OP/ED: Maintain your service standards or feel the online wrath
- Dick Smith living and breathing omnichannel with groundbreaking new app
comments powered by Disqus