South Korean subway commuters are now able to shop on-the-go as they wait for their trains with Tesco Homeplus installing virtual stores on train platforms.
In an aim to grow their customer reach without the need to grow their store footprint and increase traffic to their online store, Tesco has mounted images of life-size supermarket shelves with products on them as billboards in the subway.
Using smartphone technology, commuters can take photos of corresponding QR codes of the products they wish to purchase, check-out online and have the goods shipped to their home.
To see the technology in action click here.
- Match gifts to personalities with GiftR
- How retailers can win online
- Australia Post: 87 per cent Aussies will Christmas shop online
- Click Frenzy starts today!
- Click Frenzy retailers warned: get faster!
comments powered by Disqus