REDgroup Retail has appointed Adrian Jones to the role of group commercial director.
With more than 20 years of retailing experience including recently founding the Program Management Office and Myer, Jones began his retail career with Marks and Spencer in the UK.
Dave Fenlon, CEO of REDgroup, said he was delighted to welcome Jones to the team to drive both the growth of the new focus categories; stationary, toys, games and Borders Baby, and to ensure that REDgroup maintain its position as Australias leading book retailer.
“The appointment of Adrian to group commercial director is an important step in supporting our new categories,” he said.
“By having all book and non-book category managers reporting directly to Adrian, it will allow the necessary focus on this growth area, and also ensure that others within the organisation have more time to focus on accelerating key growth initiatives within our book business – namely reinvigorating our range and improving our promotional offers.”
- Round Up: Guide to adapting to new Privacy Principles and DJs/Myer meagre merger
- Round Up: Noni B increases margin, like-for-like sales down and stores closing
- Round Up: Bendigo retailer wins global award, Top loyalty programs; staff tips
- Special: David Jones and Myer engage in some Chinese New Year horseplay
- Myer wishes everyone an appy Christmas with cautious outlook ahead